On Monday, 21st June, the students of Campion School along with the staff and parents met virtually to celebrate the International Yoga Day. Children participated enthusiastically in the exercises.
The students, staff and the PTA felicitated the Principal, Rev. Fr. (Dr.) Francis Swamy S.J. on his birthday through a virtual assembly.
“The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not
only for himself, but for his family”
– Reed Markham
The teachers and students of the middle and senior school celebrated Father’s Day with a lot of enthusiasm. It is not only the first event of the academic year but also a celebration honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood and the influence of fathers on the child in particular and the society in general. The entire week starting 14th June 2021, was dedicated to one of the most valuable person in our lives, our fathers. Teacher’s conducted various activities on the theme Father’s Day with the students as a preparation for International Father’s Day which is celebrated worldwide on 20th of June.
● The language teachers conducted various activities with the students like essay writing on favorite memories of a father figure in their life, limerick writing, recitation sessions and making origami cards.
● The students displayed their creativity by making beautiful cards for their Fathers in the art period under the able guidance of their art teacher.
● Value education teachers discussed the importance of Father’s day by preparing power point presentations and cards with special notes from a child to his father.
● In the language classes, students wrote letters to their fathers, wrote essays and short poems on the importance of fathers in their lives.
● The students of class 8 made beautiful cards for their fathers in the art period under the able guidance of their art teacher.
● In the values education class, teachers discussed the origin and importance of Father’s day. Students shared the character traits of their fathers which they value the most and the importance of father’s in a child’s life. Students made collage of the quotes, messages on the importance of a father figure in their lives.
The week long celebrations were an effort to celebrate the presence of fathers in our lives and bring out the essence of Father’s day.
On the occasion of Father’s Day the teachers conducted various activities in their classes. The activities were done during the Value Education period on 17th June. The students made cards with beautiful messages wrote poems etc. The teachers also spoke to the children about the significance of the day and the importance of appreciating the work done by the father. The students presented the cards to their fathers on Father’s day.
The Primary Section also had an online celebration on Friday 19th June at 9.30am. The Programme was very entertaining; it began with a prayer song, sung by a father and son. A poem was recited by Mr. Sunny Rodrigues. A quiz was conducted and spot prizes were also given to the fathers. E-certificates were given to the winners. The fathers also shared some of their experiences. The song ‘But I love you daddy’ was also sung by another father and son which got the fathers emotional. The celebrations came to an end with a message given by Fr. Dr. Francis Swamy. S.J.
The fathers were very appreciative that their children expressed their love and gratitude and they were also thankful to the school for organizing the wonderful programme.
Several teachers had registered themselves for onine Nishtha courses on Diksha platform to equip themselves to foster 21st century skills among students. These teachers shared their learning and experience with the rest of the staff members on 4th June, 2021 at an Online gathering. Given below is the list of teachers who imparted their learning.